Monarch Festival
After our big week of studying butterflies, we got to celebrate at the Minneapolis Monarch Festival!! This was the first year we've gone, but we will definitely go again. We spent the morning doing various art projects, then Hailey ran in the fun run, and we got to help tag and release a monarch. Hailey and Bo made their own butterfly wings for the event.
This is Bo's "biggest smile". His eyes are supposed to be closed, that's how he does it.
Hailey had been telling me for weeks leading up to the Monarch Fest that she was going to win the fun run. I was struggling with this, how much do I support and encourage, and how much do I prepare her for the possibility that she might not win. I just tried to do a little of both and hoped it would work out. It did!! She didn't win the actual run, and she was a very good sport about it. Then her number was called and she found out she won an award for her costume!! She was so excited!! She got to go on stage to accept her award. She almost rushed onto the stage while the band was still playing, but I managed to keep her down. When they let the winners up there, the other kids stood off to the side. Hailey ran to the front and center of the stage. I bet her toes were hanging off the end of it. No stage fright for my little girl!!
Bo took his wings and antennae off about 10 seconds after I took the picture. He was so funny about it. Everywhere Hailey went people were complimenting her on her beautiful wings. After they were done, Bo would grunt at them, and then point at his wings in our wagon, and grunt again. He had no interest in actually wearing them, but he still wanted everyone to know he made them!! Such a goofy boy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment