Potty Pen
Well, I'd like to say that this was a good idea... But here's the true story. Tonight before bed, we gave Hailey the choice of sitting on our potty or her potty. She chose our potty. She's usually pretty good about getting up, down, wiping and washing hands without much supervision, so Mommy left the room to start getting Bo ready for bed.
Pretty soon, Hailey comes out of the bathroom saying, "HELP!" Normally, in the bathroom sense of the word help, this is a bad thing. But all she wanted was the pen out of the crossword book. She wanted to sit on the potty and color her own paper. So, thinking it wasn't an awful idea, we gave her the pen and got her the Maplewood education guide to write on.
In the mean time, Mommy told me to come up and check this out, because it was pretty cute. After checking out the situation, I agreed that Hailey sitting on the potty with her legs crossed coloring on some paper was pretty darned cute.
Leaving her to her own devices seemed like a good idea. Like I said before, she's pretty good about finishing her business on her own. So we went over to get Bo ready for bed. After a few minutes and still no Hailey. I decided it would be a good idea to go check on the little rascal.
Pretty soon, Hailey comes out of the bathroom saying, "HELP!" Normally, in the bathroom sense of the word help, this is a bad thing. But all she wanted was the pen out of the crossword book. She wanted to sit on the potty and color her own paper. So, thinking it wasn't an awful idea, we gave her the pen and got her the Maplewood education guide to write on.
In the mean time, Mommy told me to come up and check this out, because it was pretty cute. After checking out the situation, I agreed that Hailey sitting on the potty with her legs crossed coloring on some paper was pretty darned cute.
Leaving her to her own devices seemed like a good idea. Like I said before, she's pretty good about finishing her business on her own. So we went over to get Bo ready for bed. After a few minutes and still no Hailey. I decided it would be a good idea to go check on the little rascal.

Here is what I found when I came in! Hailey proudly stated, "I have black on my arm!!!" It was so hard to not laugh to make light of the fact that she was drawing on herself... But I was able to get her washed up and sent off to Mom to show her the good news! Mommy was most excited as well! It was all we could do to not laugh about the cool drawing on her arm!
This also proves that no matter what is happening during parenthood, there are just so many moments that remind you how funny kids are and just completely lighten up the situation!
This also proves that no matter what is happening during parenthood, there are just so many moments that remind you how funny kids are and just completely lighten up the situation!
No comments:
Post a Comment