Monday, July 23, 2012

Minocqua 2012 - The New Stuff

One of the biggest highlights for us this camping trip was Hailey throwing off her training wheels!  In preparation for the event, I mentioned to her that we could try to ride without them during the camping trip and then surprise Momma when we get back!

Hailey is definitely my girl and one to NEVER turn down a challenge!

Look Mom!  No training wheels!
 
After lots of practice...

And MORE practice...

She made it all the way down to the dock!  My favorite story I had to tell Hailey about riding her bike is how I learned to ride my bike without training wheels.  I had a big grassy field to ride around in.  And falling down in the grass was way better than the road.  Then when I was feeling up to a ride down the pavement, I subsequently crashed into our mailbox!  She thought that was pretty funny!  :)

When we got home on Saturday, after the Pippi puppy surprise, we had Bo, Momma and Pippi wait out front.  Hailey and I got her all ready and she went riding around the sidewalk to show off her new skills!  Everyone was impressed!!!  :)

No comments: