Mud Run Spot
Well, nearly 36 hours after completing the run, I have to say I feel alright. I now know things I can do differently next year to prepare for the course. Two things... #1, who cares about running on a track or a treadmill. Stair climbers non-stop! There was so many ups and downs and for the most part, you couldn't run up or down due to mud, rocks, loose dirt, rocks and mud. #2, better shoes. I definitely could have used some kind of footwear that would not have allowed 5 pounds of mud be crammed in around both my feet. For the last couple miles, I could barely run because my feet hurt. I thought about trying to empty them out, but I spent about 5 minutes trying to untie one shoe. I realized quickly that it probably wasn't a great idea, so I retied my shoes and plodded on.
It was really amazing to see so many people out to support a great cause. One of the hosts has MS and asked the runners while they were running to think of the physical struggles of each obstacle and to compare it to the struggles of living with MS. Fighting that battle on a daily basis made me encouraged to be out there supporting the cause even more. It made me run when I didn't think I could. Stand when my legs cramped. And be thankful knowing that we were able to help. September 8th next year I'm hoping to run again!
All of that being said, I'm still waiting for pictures to be posted on the Mud Run site as there were people ALL OVER the course taking pictures. I'll hunt them down to see if I can find any of myself! Also Joe ran with me (with me is a stretch, he finished 30 minutes ahead of me!) and Meghan has some pictures.
While we wait for those, check out this short video that someone shot on the course yesterday. It shines a little light on the obstacles and mud. Please focus on the mud. That wasn't nice clean water! :)
It was really amazing to see so many people out to support a great cause. One of the hosts has MS and asked the runners while they were running to think of the physical struggles of each obstacle and to compare it to the struggles of living with MS. Fighting that battle on a daily basis made me encouraged to be out there supporting the cause even more. It made me run when I didn't think I could. Stand when my legs cramped. And be thankful knowing that we were able to help. September 8th next year I'm hoping to run again!
All of that being said, I'm still waiting for pictures to be posted on the Mud Run site as there were people ALL OVER the course taking pictures. I'll hunt them down to see if I can find any of myself! Also Joe ran with me (with me is a stretch, he finished 30 minutes ahead of me!) and Meghan has some pictures.
While we wait for those, check out this short video that someone shot on the course yesterday. It shines a little light on the obstacles and mud. Please focus on the mud. That wasn't nice clean water! :)
1 comment:
Wow, Tony!! Great going!!! Must have been quite an ordeal!! Love, Mom
Post a Comment