Sunday, November 30, 2008

Snow Day

Hailey had a wonderful day today! First of all, she was pretty pumped that Daddy was home. Secondly, her and Mommy had been talking about sledding for a while and Mommy said that when it snowed, Daddy would take her out sledding.

What do you know? We got a couple of inches of snow! Hailey saw it and said, "Now go sledding. We can sit, kneel or stand!"


All I can picture here is the super duper over bundled up kid from A Christmas Story...


As we were explaining the whole sledding thing, I'm pretty sure she didn't know what we would really do. Hailey and Mommy went into the garage and got down the sled and Hailey said, "What's this?" Umm... Honey, that's the sled!


Once she was in, she fully understood! Let 'er rip Daddy-o!


I stopped for a bit and asked if Hailey wanted to pull the sled thinking that we'd walk together... Hailey then insisted that Daddy ride in the sled. I can't imaging what the people driving by in cars were thinking when they happened upon this little scene...

Then the last story of the day happened shortly after. We stopped and I made a little snow pile next to the sled. Hailey was playing with it and I suggested that she eat some snow... Then I made certain to point out that it is only WHITE snow that we eat... Not yellow, or brown, or any other color...

She really didn't take to the idea of trying it, so we fired up the sled dogs and headed around the corner... Then I heard Hailey pipe up, "Mommy's favorite is yellow snow!"

Not knowing if I should encourage this conversation any further, I just pretended she yelled MUSH and I kept pulling the sled and laughing while facing forward...

It is sooooo good to be home!

No comments: