Thursday, November 20, 2008

Olive Garden

Today was I believe the first time the three of us went out for dinner here in the midwest (we went out to two dinner shows in Tennessee twice earlier in the year). Before the big event, Momma was going over the game plan with Hailey, Baby, the puppy card, the Elmo card and the barnyard friends.

On the way to Olive Garden, Hailey said, "This garden has no dirt in it... And no hay either!" This was unexpected on our part, but really should have been expected. The only other garden we've ever talked about was our vegetable garden we planted over the summer. But NOW we're talking about OLIVE gardens. Weird!


First order of business when we sat down was getting Baby tucked up real nice with a plate from home and a strawberry. She's all set!


I think Hailey was really enamored with the place. She liked seeing all the people, and saying, "There's that guy!!" to the waiter. She did like the food too. She had chicken strips and french fries. She also partook in the yummy breadsticks and salad.

Then, came the cake. I had this...

I was eating my share, waiting for Hailey to ask for some. She really was disinterested. That straw and a cup full of ice water was really keeping her busy. Then I finally broke down and gave her a spoonful. She was slightly hesitant at first, but after tasting it said, "yum, yum!"

She had a couple more spoonfuls and then we reaped the rewards of her bouncing off the walls having a high old time until 10 p.m.!

It was sure fun seeing her a lot since I'll be heading to the woods of Wisconsin tomorrow night! I'm going to miss my girls!!!!

No comments: