Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Hammer Girl

Every day, Hailey surprises us with something new that she can do. I think, being a parent, we sometimes forget that our little girl is growing in so many ways every day that we don't even notice...

Take this hammer set for instance... (thanks Grandma Jane by the way!!!) I saw it come out of the bag and thought, "Wow, it'll be cool some day when Hailey can really give that hammering pegs set a run for the money."

Little did I know "some day" really wasn't that far down the road! We took out the set, tapped on a few of the pegs and then handed Hailey the little hammer. She took that hammer and in her own subtle way said "Don't doubt me Daddy-o!" She started hammering away!

It just serves as a good reminder to think that it's ok to give her something she might not be able to do.... Because if she doesn't know how, it's something she can learn and most likely WILL learn if you at leave give her the chance!

Later in the day, we went in for Hailey's 1 year doctor appointment. She didn't like it very much. Three needle pokes later and a good bit of cryin' and a lot of Mommy and Daddy lovin' and all she got was a Daffy Duck Band-aid!

They also sent us home with the new statistics on our girl!
Height: 31 inches
Weight: 24 pounds 12.5 ounces
Head size: 18.5 inches (keep your comments to yourself Mr. Touchet!) :-D

The one bummer was we didn't get any percentile stats. Maybe next time we'll see where she rates. Or I could probably look it up, but that really sounds like a lot of work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What! Me? I don't know what your talking about.